Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Woke up at the crack of 10:00. Somehow, I slept through 4 other people, making coffee and breakfast. As I woke up late it was straight to the hike on the Na Pali coast. It was quite a fun hike with some good climbs. I had a doughnut before the hike, so I was pushing a pretty fun sugar high. I kept freestyle hiking which involves random 360's and skateboardless Ali's. Yeah, that's right. I AM hardcore. Anyways, pictures to be added later, but the Na Pali coast supplied one of the best views you will ever see in you life. It was certainly one of those moments where you look around and say a camera just does this no justice because their is magnificent beauty all around.

Well, after that we got back to the house and Scott qualified for the qualifier for the qualifier of the EWSOP. Good luck. Honestly it was a $5 lotto ticket. But he is nice enough to let me play the qualifier. This is a raw deal for Rob. But I say this now and hear me later. I will split the profits 50/50 with Scott. I mean we are practically talking about a lotto ticket here. Why the hell not have some fun with it. BTW, It is such a raw deal, I paid for his entry, I told him what hands to play, and he clicked the buttons. He did play one hand that i told him not to and outflopped his opponent. Either way, I don't really care. Even if we win the whole thing. Scott is my best friend, and I'd be glad to split the profits. It'll be loads more fun with him there too.

After that the Pliszka's treated me to quite the nice steak dinner. BTW, going out to eat is quite expensive in Hawaii. Well, I've got a $200 bet on the over/under of 75 points on the Northwestern/UCLA game. If I win that, I'd love to take them out and buy a meal with the winnings.

Then it was time for some gin rummy. I swear to god, I am a pro poker player, and I can't beat a few drunk people in rummy. Just joking, it was a fun game.

Anyways, I've been writing quite a few e-mails during the christmas vacation. I wrote one to my old boss at IBM, but I decided to press the send button when I have more time to think about it. Well, during writing it, I hit a major realization. Since day one of college, 7 years ago, I've sat on the fence between Med School and Engineering. (Ryan knows this better than anyone). But here's the why. If I never chose one, I can never fail at either. Yeap, spent the last 7 years trying to not fail at something I've never done. I've pretty much spent a lot of time thinking and not a whole lot of time doing. I'm constantly in fear of what's going to happen. Hell, most of my friends have heard me complain their ears off. I'm sure it's quite a boring story. It's pretty much the soap opera that is Rob. I'd love to say that this realization has pushed me in some inspiring direction towards life, but you know what, the truth is a nice consolation prize. Rather than telling everybody my next half assed plan in life, I can just say, I fucked off 7 years of my life thanks to fear, and now I can go back to being good old Rob whatever I decide that may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home