Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas with the Pliszkas, Well I made it out to the great Island of Kauai today. I don't deal well with going any place I haven't been before, much less a completely different island. So I didn't go to sleep. I stayed up all night and then took a cab in the mourning. I was so happy when my plane landed, and I didn't forget anything. I didn't lose my wallet, all was clear.

Well, I get to Kauai, get to the Pliszka's, and Scott's dad makes the mistake of jokingly offering me a beer at 9:30 a.m. because I aceppted it. Had a beer and breakfast with a view of the ocean. It was quite nice, here's the view.

Well, a good breakfast, and it was time for the beach, and time for me to finally go to sleep. I got a nice little four hour nap on the beach. Then it was back to the house for a nice Hawaiian sunset. After sunset, we had an early christmas, and boy were the gifts good.


If you want to make Scott's day then give him a funny t-shirt. Although he was quite conflicted about wearing pink, the message certainly made for an extra day in Scott's 7 day wardrbe.

Ah, the clapper. I have wanted one of these forever. I'm sure there will be many fun fights to come thanks to that magical clap. And yes I am a degenerate for not wearing a shirt, but hey, I packed short.

Finally Dan Harrington's No Limit Tournament Holdem strategy. I was quite happy when I saw Volume 1. I was surprised to see which volume they got me, but when I saw Volume 2, it was pure joy. Well, this may turn out the best christmas present ever, but as in poker, I guess we'll see.

After that we had a light supper, and drinks on the patio. Just some good conversation and a lot of laughs. As a kid it was always fun to go over to the Pliszka's because their parents were always having a good time. Well, as an eleven year old I never put the 100 bottles of wine and the good time together, but it sure was fun to finally party down with the Pliszkas.

Well time to hit the sack as I listen to the waves beat upon the shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home