Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I guess its been 3 weeks since the last update, but it's felt like a lifetime. I ditched out on Japan early. Have interveiws at UT Houston, UTMB Galveston, and UT Southwestern. My first one at UT Houston overall went really well. I'm pretty certain that I will get into that school.

So leaving Japan. It was pretty much madness. It was nonstop partying, and 3 nights in a row we were on the piss celebrating my exodus. Actually though, it was just an excuse. I imagine even if I wasn't leaving, we would have done the exact same thing. Either way, I miss those guys, and I miss that lifestyle.

I really want to go back, but I'm afraid that the company that I was working for will soon go bankrupt. They are the biggest English school in Japan with 900 branches, 7000 foreign employees, and 400,000 students, so you'd think they'd last but the management is fucked and won't let go of control. Basically, we got paid late last month, and this month, I doubt I'll get paid for the work I did. Luckily I have an $800 advance, and a $500 rent, so after all is said and done, I'm losing out on about $1000 which doesn't hurt quite as much.

Anyways, the worst thing they did was deduct teachers rent, and then not pay the landlords. So many teachers are being evicted. Even scarier is that apparently, they deducted health insurance, and didn't pay that either! So I probably didn't have health insurance the whole time that I was there. Pretty crazy stuff.

But shit, I want to go back. I'm gonna miss those guys, but I might go to Spain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home