Saturday, September 08, 2007

War Games

War games is one of those really bad yet simultaneously really good 80:s movies where a teenager hacks into a military computer and mistakenly thinks that he is simply playing a computer game. Anyways, throughout the course of the movie, he nearly sets off WWIII. Well, in one sentence that pretty acurately describes the entire movie. How they filled up 114 minutes, I dont really remember, but I do remember the ending. By the end of the movie, the computer has gone rogue. Due to some glitch that the teenager pulled off, the computer is convinced that the russians are attacking. Needless to say, the movie doesn:t end with total annihilation of planet earth, but rather the kid comes in to brilliantly save the day. And what was the brilliant breakthrough that saved planet earth? Tic Tac Toe. The kid uploads a Tic Tac Toe program into the supercomputer, and then it frantically tries to beat itself in Tic Tac Toe, until finally the computer realizes that there simply is no winning in Tic Tac Toe. The computer then has a breakthrough, and connects the futile strategies of trying to win at Tic Tac Toe, to the futile strategies of trying to win at Nuclear War.

For the reader that hasnt brilliantly put 2 and 2 together like the supercomputer in War Games did, I'll reveal the moral of my stolen fable. This girl has driven me up the wall. Ive been spending every waking moment either trying to figure this one out, or futily keeping my mind mundanely occupied in an attempt to escape my thoughts. I've reached the point where my brain is mush, and trying to figure out a girl is no different from playing tic tac tow with yourself. I've tried everything I know, and now, Im just a feather - floating accidental like on a breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home