Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Here's another post just for my anonymous reader number 3! I don't know whether my ideas on dying or imagined conversations between to dung beatles are more ridiculous, but this post is just about the afterlife.

Well, Skizzy P's last comment got me thinking about the eternal bliss possibility. Eternal bliss would be great, but I might not be capable of imagining how great it would be. It might be in some realm of the unknown. That said, I just can't imagine any blissful feeling that would be better than life itself. And, I can't imagine just sitting around with nothing to do but continue to be blissful. For me it's the challenges in life that make it so great. It's the creation process involved in any given day. For me, heaven or eternal bliss just isn't possible because I can't imagine a place that I would rather be than good old planet earth. Personally, I'd walk through the gates of heaven, shoot the shit with god for a few days, have sex with 99 chicks + elvis, have a hoedown with all my dead homies, and then send me right on back to planet earth. Even if it was on the condition that I didn't get to remember anything from my past life.

So that just leaves one little problem: Dying. Perhaps for me the idea of heaven would be getting to live on earth at the age of 26 forever. The only problem with that is that I'd have nothing to lose. What good is winning if you CAN'T lose? It would be like playing basketball against a bunch of 10 year olds. I'm not saying it isn't fun to stuff a 10 year old so hard that you throw the ball and hit one of his teammates in the head. I'm just saying that it gets old fast.

So, my theory is that I came back. I chose not to remember anything. And I chose to die. I chose it all, and now I struggle with it because I decided to forget that I chose it all.

For me, that leaves me free to fuck around and create in this game called life. So now a conversation between to Dung Beatles!

Dungy: "hey shithead."
Shithead: "whatup?"
Dungy: "You know what my favorite shit to do is?"
Shithead: "What"
Dungy: "I like searching for shit all day. And then I save as much shit as I can. I just LOVE saving shit"
Shithead: "Well ain't that some shit"
Dungy: "Shit yeah!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction! This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read! Take my advice. Get a life!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

twWow Robbie..this actually REALLY made me dig deep..now ya got my mind all messed up about Heaven..Very good points made!
Jinx

8:29 PM  
Blogger robbo said...

HAHAHA! Anonymous poster! Jinx thinks my posts are good and she's a hot chick! Anyways, Jinxers, If the post fucks with the mind, then move right along to an idea that works for you. Whatever that idea may be. But for me, those ideas bring me to life. Earth's the place to be. The afterlife's for suckers.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home