Tuesday, May 08, 2007


My first Ipod. These damn things aren't easy to take apart, and they are mostly help together by glue. This poor thing barely lasted a month. It wouldn't let me hook it up to the USB, so I made it suffer. After I took it apart, the USB magically started working again. Unfortunately, it's already broken beyond repair. I'm going to try to use the screen on a a different Ipod with a broken screen, and turn this disaster into some profit. This poor ipod shares the same fate of every piece of electronics that I own. The problem is that these small electronics are REALLY hard to take apart the first time around. The ipod is actually held together by 4 screw and a crapload of glue. Actually none of the screws are screwed into the cover. But the glue alone does a VERY good job of holding everything in.

I use to design eledtronics, and believe it or not, minus the fancy graphics, I could design an mpr player very similiar to the Ipod. That said, I AM quite impressed with how compactly they did everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home