Saturday, December 10, 2005

So I was gonna do this publish this post a month ago, but I guess I got depressed about the issue and decided to drop it. But due to todays events, I decided to revisit this issue.

[November 11th]
Well, I finally told the Mom about my tru intentions of squeeking out a living in poker, and bumming around the beach for the next year. I also confessed to losing $1000 in poker. Needless to say, she didn't take to kindly to that talk. Gave me a nice little lecture about how I won't get into med school and yada yada yada. It was a bit of a depressing speech.
[Edit: That's all I wrote. I guess I got bored or somthing.]

[December 9th]
Ring Ring (my cell phone actually vibrates)
Mom: Hey Rob! blah blah blah
Rob: hibbidy hibbidy goobledy goook
Mom: fashizzy my nizzy forizzy
Rob: What?
Mom: Oh I said how's Hawaii?
Rob:It's great. I love it out here.
Mom: How are you paying for stuff?
Rob: Oh you know, playing poker.
Mom: POKER! teh weeeell.
Rob: (thinks I though we went over this already)
Mom: Well, I really think you should get a job.
Rob: click click (check, call, dealt AK)
Mom: You know you spent a lot of time in school and if you don't get a job it devalues your education
Rob: Yeah that's a good point (flop: 882. Damn, that flop missed me. Should I bet to protect my Ace high, or check call to draw to my top pair, or check fold) Rob bets
Mom: After Christmas I really think you should start looking for a job.
Rob: Yeah that's probably a good idea. (Turn: 6. Well that didn't help him. I guess I should bet again to protect and then fold to a raise)
Mom: Are you still thinking about medical school?
Rob: Well, you know, right now I'm just having a good time and seeing where things go. (River: 4. Well that didn't help him at all. I guess I should just check though.)
Mom: Well you know if you don't act on this kind of thing the desire dies down.
Rob: (thinks jesus christ how many times is she gonna ask me to get a job!) Yeah Mom, I understand. Things are great in Hawaii, and me and Scott are having a good time (Yes He had AJ. I can't believe my Ace high held up. YES!)
Mom: Well ok Rob. Have fun. I love you. By. OH YEAH, AND GET A JOB YOU LAZY BUM!
Rob: By Mom, love you too. STOP ASKING ABOUT A JOB. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! AND YES I AM A LAZY BUM! Well, that's that.

Luckily all this job talk won't start back up again until after Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home