Saturday, December 10, 2005

Friday night ACTION!.
Well, today i played poker for 12 hours in which I played 4,000 hands and won $300. $300 may sound good but that's a meager result for that number of hands especially on friday night, but you take into account the fact that AA (no limp-reraising) won 64% of the time, and my straights, flushes, and full houses won 75% of the time, then maybe my play wasn't all that bad, and it was just bad cards. For the nonpoker players, 85% or better is normal. At least I think that is normal as I have yet to play enough hands for solid data.

Anyways, after tonight I can't see straight. I have never played that much consecutive poker in my life. And I was playing 4-8 tables the entire time.

Well, the real problem is that in the past 4 days, I have played 8,000 hands and lost $78. One of those days, I lost $478. And this is all at $2/$4. I'll tell you this, it's a normal day for me to lose $100-$200. Often times I can pull myself back up, and actually make money that day, but $478! Man, I thought I had built some poker muscles. I thought I could take a downswing, seeing as I've been through some rough ones. Last week, I started every single day by losing $100, and on one day I lost $290, but I was still able to pull out a $500 profit by the end of the week. So I'm thinking, man, I can take anything. The upswings, and the downswings. I know what it is all about. And then this $478 hits me in one day in about 1,000 hands. I guess I'm just working out my poker muscles. I hope I've seen it all though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home