Saturday, November 22, 2008

Well its time to give the good old blog some love. You can see 2 of the links on the right no longer work. I guess Scott and Eston cant even be bothered to keep there account open. Nevertheless, those links will stay right there, and I will continue to check them. I myself wish that I could say that I`ve simply been too busy to keep up with the blog, but actually I have an absurd amount of free time. I work an average 3 hours a day, but the school makes me stay there for 9 hours a day. So the rest of the time I study Japanese, read books, and surf the net. Lately I`ve even started doing Yoga.

I guess I`ll just give a general update on this first post. Overall things are going really well. I was getting pretty home sick back around June and pretty much ready to head back home, but then my parents came in August and I decided to finish out my contract. Right now I`m getting homesick again, but I only have 4 months left. I`m enjoying a lot of things about Japan, Ive done a lot of traveling on my Island, Kyushu, which means 9 states. I`m actually proud to say that I`ve been to 6 out of 7 of those states, and definitely plan on going to the seventh before I leave. Yeah that`s right 7. Some of the states were combined, and the Japanese can be really slow to change things.

Really I can`t believe it`s already been a year. I`m gettin pretty good at speaking Japanese, and I can actually communicate just about anything I need to communicate allbeit in broken Japanese. I`ll certainly be more compassionate towards illerate foreigners when I get back home now that I`ve experienced it first hand.

In other news, I recently had a one year anniversary with my girlfriend, hiromi, who has been a reoccuring character here in the blog for those of you who check everyday. She met my parents in August when they came to visit and right now she`s in Texas for a few days to check things out. Unfortunately I couldn`t be asked to spend over a thousand dollars to visit Texas especially since I`ll be home in 4 months. It sounds to me like she`s liking Texas which is good. Right now she`s at my sister`s birthday party, so she`s getting to meet the whole family.

Well thats all for now. Sorry if its a bit incoherent. I just had a lot of different random shit I wanted to say. I will soon update with pictures from Korea Hong Kong, and some of my travels throught Japan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Delilah said...

I thought you were coming home with her! That's too bad! I didn't realize you were staying in Japan while they came to visit. Hang in there. Those four months will be gone before you know it!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That comment right there was from me, btw. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Scott Pliszka said...

Rumor has it that you're moving back to the states and bringing a girl with you. No one would know that because it's not on your blog though. Mine is so secretive now though that only the 1337 have access

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever, I find the Register.com site actually to be an improvement to your blog. And even if you make me eleet, I will continue to look at the new adds posted on Register.com because I find then quite interesting.
-Rob

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home