Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Texas. So today I had to explain that people in Texas are alowed to own guns, but not only that they are allowed to carry them around. On top of that, a lady told me about a Japanese person who got shot while trespassing during halloween. And theJapanese person didn:t leave or stop when the Texas told him to freeze. And then I had to explain how in Texas, that is actually completely legal, and that that person would get in no trouble whatsoever for shooting the Japanese kid. I also had to explain how Texas hands out the death penalty more than all other states combined.

I felt like I was explaining some dangerous scary place. Like you can:t walk down the streets without being attacked. But as you know, that just simply isn:t the case.I feel perfectly safe walking around the streets, and I:ve even been to some fairly shady areas. Granted I didnt feel safe, but what the heck, nothing happened to me.

Other than that, things are going well. Ive made a lot of friends at work, but I:ve yet to make any Japanese friends. And Im still having trouble with the basics, but Im starting to get a hang of things. Im pretty sure I will eventually get fired from Nova, which wont be good for possible future employment in Japan. IMO, teaching a person English is one of the best things you can do for a person. It just opens up a whole world of opportunities that wouldn:t be otherwise available. That said, I don:t give two shits about teaching English. I don:t want to be good at it, and Im just doing it to pay for my little working vacation. Nova tells me I have to put in one month notice to take vacation, and on top of that, they reserve the right to deny it. Well, push comes to shove, I say fuck you Nova, and I go off and do what I was wanting to do in the first place. In the end, I might be fucked in the world of employment, and be poor and destitute unless I come up with a million dollar idea, or grind out a living at the poker tables. Its all good though.

-Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home