Monday, January 30, 2006

The Race to 50,000

Well, the blogging frequency had a small decline, but that was all thanks to the race to 50,000 hands of poker. I realized half way into the month that if I played 50,000 hands of poker it would net me an extra $500, so I decided to go for it. Here are the results

$3/6 SH - 53,704 hands - $4,118 1.28 BB/100
Rakeback ~ $2,500

Well, that's the month of January. The first two weeks I broke even. I was playing a new type of poker, and it took a while for me to get the hang of things. I made all that money in the last two weeks of playing. We'll see if I can keep it up though. I'll be out of debt next month if I can keep this up. I have good reason to believe that I can keep it up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spearmint Rhino said...

Why is your winrate so low, you piece of shit? Think about how much money you'd be making if you had a winrate of 2,3, or even 4!

Congrats on playing so many freakin' hands though. Did you get a VIP bonus out of it too?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Spearmint Rhino said...

Oh yeah, how many tables were you playing?

9:58 AM  
Blogger robbo said...

Well, my excuse for the crap ass win rate was the first 15k hands of breaking even. I plugged a lot of Ace little, midpair, and blind leaks in that 15k, so I don't think it was just a swing, rather than bad play. Over the last 38k hands I am 2.14 BB, and I admit 3 or 4 certainly seems possible as I make mistakes and miss bets all the time. I'm probably missing some mid-pair value bets, and I can rarely find a fold with AK, but I should pobably be getting away from some of the more coordinated boards sooner. I love when you showdown Ace high and the other guy has a full house. I always feel like a fucking dufus on those. I started out with 3-4 tables, and now I do 4-7, but I try to keep it at 6. Constantly on the move to find the next LAG. I wasn't even silver VIP at the beginning of this month so I got a small one, like $100-$250, and I won that $50 lotto thing.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home