Sunday, January 15, 2006

Well, I did a biathalon today, and I wasn't happy with the results, but at least I finished. I started off super strong. After a month of sporadic training only running 2-3 times a week, I pulled off a 7.5 minute per mile run over 2.5 miles, but it had the unfortunate side effect of killing my swim time. I came in 2nd to last only beating a 70 year old man, but I'm actually just happy I finished. I seriously considered quitting. I mean, I spent 40 minutes in the water feeling like I was going to vomit half the time, and not able to breathe the rest of the time. Add on the bulky bathing suit, the glaring sun, the broken goggles, my inability to swim straight, the 4 hours of sleep I got, and I'm not that upset about my time, just glad that I finished. I mean I didn't even know how to swim before I moved to Hawaii.

Anyways I'm geared for the next one. MY goal would be a 7 minute per mile run without being exhausted and a 20-25 minute swim. It's just like an Atari game really. I don't really care about biathalons. I mean, I don't like running, and I absolutely love swimming. But, I really just want to reach my goal in the way that you are trying to get the most points when playing Ms. Pacman.

Oh yeah, me and Scott are going to do an Ironman. This will recquire a 2 year commitment of working out, no drinking, and a strict diet. I guess I'm half convinced that I'll do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home