Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Danish girls: Christina and Maiken

Well I met the Danish girls in Maui, and they left for the Big Island 2 days after I met them, but told me they would be coming to Oahu soon, so as usual I was compulsively checking my e-mail hoping to get a surprise e-mail, and to my surprise they came the day after I got to Oahu. Christina didn't bother to tell me her flight info, just that she was coming and we'd find each other eventually. I gave her my address, and after she tried the shuttle and the bus, she finally called Scott, and we went to pick them up. Well, they show up and I show them the wall of beer and the axed up couch. Note to self: Hacking away at a couch is scary to people who don't know you, but funny in all other situations.

We didn't do much the first day, but the next day starts out with some x-files watching. During which Maiken asks me to pet her arm. It was the funniest thing ever because just like a puppy, she'll sit there forever and switch sides for you to pet. And then when you stop, she always wants more. It cracked me up, and I was a big enough sucker to pet her for a good 30 minutes. I kept laughing at her the whole time to which she would repond it's not weird, I'm happy.

These girls were so much fun. I told them about our button pushing game, and they got so into it, that they would speak in Danish and strategize ways to beat me to the button. One time Christina came up and hugged me and then Maiken jetted to the next button as I run with Christina firmly attached to me. Anoter time, Christina pretends to take off her wet bathing suit. Well, being the idiot that I am, I see Maiken take off, and without flinching I'm running for the next button. One day they came home mumbling and freaking out. Scott and I were so confused, and they told us that they stuck there tongue out on the way home because it feels really cool when you put it back in your mouth . . . Scott and I can't wait to try this.

Well we went to Waikiki, and Christina decides to go surfing, and I tag along, and we go ahead and pay extra for the lessons. After 15 minutes of lessons, I felt like a sucker for paying someone to tell me how to stand on a board, but we both stood up on the first try which is good. I was pretty bored by surfing. I guess I expected to walk out and do flips on the waves. I also didn't like having to paddle all the way back to catch another wave. Well, the instructor had to meet up with some chicks, so he gave us an extra hour and took off early. So after catching a wave, I finally catch up to Christina who being 5' just couldn't paddle good enough to catch any waves so I start pushing her around. Well, I must be a sucker because I had more fun pushing her around than surfing myself. Heh, I didn't want to be too obvious though, so I would give her a push and then pretend that I was waiting for the next wave to catch. But really I would have happily paddled to her just so I could push her again.

The next couple days Christina tried to go skydiving but weather didn't permit. They took off monday night, and I sure will miss them, but I am going backpacking in Europe if poker goes well so maybe I'll see them again.


The only picture I got of the two of them as they pack to leave.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Danes!

5:29 AM  
Blogger robbo said...

Well, my friend, I gave it my best, and in the end, that's all you can do. Anytime, Just tell me before you buy the ticket, maybe we can do the Na Pali Coast hike in Kaui.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home