Sunday, May 21, 2006

Honduras Day Five
Everyone wants to go to Copan to see the Mayan ruins. It's Sunday so we can't get the car fixed, and this place is a good 3 hour drive. I advise we sit back wait a day, and get the car fixed, but Glen assures me that the soap is holding well and we can make it. I don't really think it will, but I made my vote, he overruled it, so I figure he will be responsible for anything bad that happens to the car. So I tag along.

We make it to his buddy's house in San Pedro, and then oil leaks all over the street. Fortunately, we were two houses away from the mechanics. So we borrowed his friend's car and watched that movie, Hostel, and it was good to have a day just to sit back and relax.

Honduras Day Six
We finally get the car back at about 4:00 p.m., and it was me who ended up paying out $50 to fix the car, and Ellen payed $25. I was not happy about paying for something that Glen broke, and I was not happy about the rate at which we were burning through cash. I start voicing up a bit, but they don't even bother to exchange more money into Honduran money.

Honduras Day Seven
We were finally off to Copan to see some Mayan ruins. That day, I learned the hard way not to eat at local stores because that chicken did not stay where it is suppose to.


Honduras Day Eight
Something must have happened. I don't remember though.

Honduras Day Nine
Waterfalls - we hiked underneath the waterfalls to where the water was so dense that I had trouble breathing. We ended up in some cave.

Later I try to go to the lake. After a 3k walk, I find that I have to walk through about 200 meters of mud and standing water to make it to the lake. So I turn around and decide to swim in the canal. I meet up with Ellen and we jump in. That Canal was FILTHY. I got the Heebee Geebees in that nasty water. There are times that I have pushed the line of being adventerous into doing something stupid. Well swimming in that nasty canal completely broke the line, and the adventure factor wasn't even there. As stupid as I thought it was, there was a minute chance of me getting deathly ill, and we had antibiotics in case we got a little sick. However, leaving some white girl alone in her bikini at sunset was significantly more dangerous, so I completed the swim to the bridge.

Honduras Day Ten & Eleven
Beach, nothing exciting. I decide it's splitsville from the group and make it to Utila, a Caribbean island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home