Monday, October 30, 2006

This post is for Jesus . . . Baby Jesus.

Well, I've recently heard authors of 2 different books professing that science is somehow connected to atheism. Well, I drove 600 miles yesterday, thinking about this crappolla, so now anybody bored enough to read this blog is gonna hear about it.

I'll start it off with a definition of what science is. What it really is. Science is a bunch of repeatable experiments that accurately predict the future. Or really simply put, experiments that measure crap. However, science isn't taught in text books this way. It's taught as a series of "facts" about the universe. In school you are taught that objects fall because of gravity. That's complete bullshit, and I'll tell you why.

Allright, I'll try to use the Socratic method.

Socrates: Why do objects fall?
Robbo: Objects fall because of gravity.
Socrates: What is gravity?
Robbo: Gravity is an attractive force between to objects.
Socrates: So objects fall because there is an attractive force between two objects?
Robbo: Yeah.
Socrates: Isn't the action of an object falling just the action of an object being attracted to another object?
Robbo: Yeah.
Socrates: So objects fall because objects fall?
Robbo: No, Objects fall because of gravity.
Socrates: You missed my point Robbo.

Basically, I'm saying that science has no access to the "why" of the physical universe. Albert Einstein himself can come up with the most complex scientific explanation for gravity that a minute fraction of the human population can understand. But translated to the rest of humanity, all he is really saying is "Objects are falling! And it's really really complicated!" He's just saying it in a language the rest of us don't understand.

The craziness doesn't stop there. If I tell a scientist, objects fall because a group of gnomes in an alternate dimension that you can't see are telling all the objects to fall. Well, then, the scientist can only say, "I have no way to prove or disprove your theory, but my friend, you are an idiot!" I could even tell that same scientist that Baby Jesus's Omnipotent Daddy created the whole earth in seven days and decided on all these rules. The scientist's only responce is "I have no way to prove or disprove your theory, but my friend, you might be on to something with this Baby Jesus. Tell me more."

Well there you have it. Science sucks, and Baby Jesus rules. Seriously though, the moral is that science has no access to the spiritual realm. So anyone who says I'm an atheist because of science is misguided.

Well that's my shpiel on science and religion, and now I want to go dimensional on your ass. First I'm gonna create a one-dimensional universe

___________________________________

There it is. You can imagine a worm. Named "Harry." He looks like this: ___
All he does all day long is walk left and right. In his one dimensional universe. All he can do is go left or right because he is one dimensional.

Now I'm gonna create another one dimensional universe.



Same Worm still goes left and right, only now if he goes long enough in one direction, he'll end up back where he started. other thing, Our worm doesn't know he's walking in a circle. For all he knows, he's walking in a straight line. It takes a 2-dimensional or a 3-dimensional character to see what's really going on.

Now I can create another 2 dimensional universe

Now we can create w new 2-dimensional character named Jim. Jim can walk up and down and left and right. :-) The smily face is Jim. I'm lazy.

Now I'll create a new 2-dimenstion universe

Jim is still constricted in the up-down dimension, but when he moves left-right long enough , he appears back in the same place

Now I'll create yet another 2-dimensional universe

Jim can move in any direction, and eventually return to the same place. Once again, he thinks he is walking in a completely straight line. Only a 3-dimensional character can see that his universe is "curved"

I'm gonna create a 3-dimensional universe.

Robbo, can move up-down, left-right, or back-forth. He moves in 3 dimensions.

Now I'll create a new 3-dimensional universe.

Ok imagine a thicker hoop. (I'm lazy). Robbo moves up-down, back-forth, but if he goes left-right long enough. He'll be back where he started.

And another 3-dimensional universe:

Robbo's universe is the orange section. He can move back and forth, but now, if he goes up-down, or left-right, he eventually returns to where he started.

Now picture the final 3-dimensional universe. Don't try too hard though. It might make your nose bleed. If that's not enough consider this one-dimensional universe, and the possibilities in the three dimensional world.



If your nose isn't bleeding, your head hasn't exploded, and you still know your first name, I just have one thing to say. George Washington's teeth were made of ivory, not wood.

1 Comments:

Blogger robbo said...

For more stuff on dimensions check out the "The Elegant Universe." I think all that info came from that book, but it's been a few years.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home